Garth Prowd Scholarship
Garth Prowd OAM Triathlon Scholarship
The Scholarship has been created in partnership with Noosa Triathlon and the Prowd family to remember Garth Prowd OAM, the man affectionately known as the 'Godfather' of Australian triathlon, a pioneer of sport tourism in Queensland and passionate athlete advocate. We will remember his incredible life and his contribution to Australian sport. He was a man who revolutionised triathlon, running and cycling events in Australia, who was himself an enthusiastic sportsman.
The Garth Prowd Triathlon Scholarship aims to unearth our next future Olympic medallist. The Scholarship will recognise and create opportunities and pathways for young triathletes passionate about Triathlon with a main focus on Olympic/Standard Distance racing. Garth was passionate about supporting young athletes develop not only their athletic ability but also their business acumen at the outset of their young careers.
The Garth Prowd Triathlon Scholarship is open for applications for Australian triathletes aged between 15-23 years of age as of 31/12/20. Athletes will need to race the 2020 Noosa Triathlon and apply for the scholarship. A panel of selectors will review and agree on one male and one female worthy candidate. The Scholarship winners will be awarded at the Noosa Triathlon Presentations, Noosa Main Beach, Sunday 1 November 2020, 4:00pm.
Applications will open closer to the event.
Read more about Garth Prowd OAM.
Scholarship Recipients will receive:
- ASICS Product Sponsorship*
- CANNIBAL Tri Suit Sponorship*
- Access to the M5 Managemnet Sportspath Program
- Media Training - including Social Media
- Professional Photo Shoot
- Coaching Support**
- Entry to 2020 Mooloolaba Triathlon (15 March 2020) and 2020 Noosa Triathlon (November 2020)
- Conditional Financial support for approved triathlon activities
- *Dependant on athletes existing sponsorship commitments
- **Dependent on athlete existing coaching arrangements
Application Details and Conditions:
- Open to Australian athletes aged between 15-23 years of age as at 31 December 2020
- Athletes must race the 2020 Noosa Triathlon as an individual competitor
- The Scholarship is for 12 months and concludes at the following years Noosa Triathlon
- Athletes must complete the application form themselves, an application cannot be submitted on their behalf. They can receive assistance in completing the application
- Applications are to be submitted online, by midnight (AEST) 30 October 2019
- All completed applications will be reviewed by a panel of selectors. This panel includes but not limited to representatives from the Prowd family, Noosa Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, Retired Professional Triathlete and other interested parties
- Scholarship recipients will be required to attend the Noosa Triathlon Presentation Ceremony, Noosa Woods, Sunday 1 November, 4:00pm
Any questions or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Female Recipient||Male Recipient|
|2017||Jo Miller||Samuel Lewis|
|2018||Brianna Thomas||Jake Hynes|
|2019||Zoe Leahy||Luke Harvey|