Sustainable Noosa Tri
Noosa Triathlon recognises its event management activities and operations on the beach, in the water, local parks, along the road and roadside all have the potential to have both positive and negative environmental, economic and social impacts.
The Festival will take a targeted approach in its transition to a sustainable event, focusing its resources where they will have the greatest impact. These target areas include, but are not limited to, diversion of waste from landfill, promotion and education of sustainable practices and collaboration with local community.
Facts from the 2019 event
- An Event Sustainability Policy was created for the first time.
- $1 from every entry went to Tourism Noosa’s ‘Tree for Tourism’ tree rehabilitation program to plant trees at Twin Hills View Lookout on the Noosa Trail Network.
- 66% of waste was diverted from landfill
- 10,000 reusable bungees were used instead of zip ties
- Over 150,000 compostable cups were used at the event
Our wonderful Volunteers filling up compostable cups at the Athlete Aid Stations.
We would like to thank the following for their support and guidance of our event sustainability program: Noosa Council, Tourism Noosa, Noosa Civic, Plastic Free Noosa, Party Bins and We-Refill.