In an effort to make racing at Noosa Triathlon as safe and risk free as possible, whilst still delivering an exceptional race day experience has meant we have made some changes to our event day operations.
IRONMAN will continue to monitor the latest Public Health Directions from Queensland Health and adjust our planning and communicate any changes with athletes, as necessary. The current situation in Queensland continues to be dynamic so we appreciate your understanding with the below key changes:
- If you or a close contact have COVID-19 symptoms (click here for list of symptoms) from now up to and including race day 31 October, please do not attend the event. Contact us at email@example.com or 1300 761 384 by 3:00pm Sunday 31 October to discuss your event entry options. Requests received after this time will not be considered.
- Maintain good hygiene practices at all times. Including: regular hand washing and sanitisation when entering venues, after using the bathroom and before and after handling food; and covering your mouth and nose if you need to cough or sneeze. Hand wash facilities are available through the event site. Additionally, hand sanitiser will be available at all venues and aid stations
- All individuals are asked to please download and configure the Check In Qld app and Commonwealth Government COVID-19 app prior to attending the event.
- Comply with any QLD Health Public Health Direction and respect event staff, security or emergency services staff.
- Wearing masks: masks can help reduce the spread of COVID-19. You may choose to wear a mask, however it is not mandatory to do so at our event.
- Parts of the event village will be ‘athletes only’, including Athlete Check-In, Transition and the Swim Start, so please keep an eye on signage around the venue.
- Queuing points will have markers on the ground to maintain 1.5m physical distance between you and others.
We will be operating Athlete Check-In and bike racking by appointment only. Athletes will receive an email three weeks from race day with a link to book your times.
Relay Teams – please note only one team member is required to Check-In for the Relay Team.
The swim start will be an athlete only area and we request that no spectators be in this area. The swim start will be a rolling category start.
Bikes will be racked as normal. As bike racking is by appointment and the event has a rolling start, it’s highly unlikely that you will come into contact with other athletes in transition.
Aid stations will be well stocked but you are encouraged to plan your race hydration and nutrition strategy to be as self-reliant as possible. Run course aid stations will be set up for athletes to "grab & go" with vollies on hand to restock rather than serve. Please refrain from nose clearing and spitting on course at all times.
The recovery area will be set up to “grab & go” with vollies on hand to restock rather than serve. Please remove your own Timing Chip and give to volunteers.
Workforce & Volunteers
- Do not attend the event if you, or an immediate family or close contact, are feeling unwell or sick, have confirmed COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been instructed by the relevant authority to self-isolate.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including gloves and masks are available for all workforce, including volunteers if requested.